I was scheduled to work this weekend but the census at work is 49 babies. This might sound like a lot but are norm is 75ish and we have room for 125 babies. The highest census I have seen in the five years I have worked there is 112. So I think they said they were calling off 19 nurses last night. Guess who would be the last one to get to work. MEEE! So needless to say I am not driving over to Georgia this weekend. So it is good and bad. I am able to stay home and get these boys better. Good. Not making any money. Really Bad! In case you didn't know adoption is really expensive. So every penny counts. Our estimated cost to adopt our baby girl from China is $29,905.50. I love how they put on the fifty cents. Because if it was fifty cents more we just couldn't possibly consider it.
We are meeting with the adoption agency this Wednesday to talk more about the China program. In the mean time I am still working on filling out our application. The application is pretty hard but I know it is only the beginning of lots and lots of paperwork. Lifeline is a Christian adoption agency. Along with the application you have to answer some questions. Some are "who is Jesus? How do you become a Christian? Who is the Holy Spirit?" These sound like simple straightforward questions but I am having trouble bring the right words out onto paper. So I think I should get special consideration for attempting to fill it out while having 2 kids home sick asking for something every minute. Brandon was home last night and was trying to help me fill out the financial part. Lets just say that wasn't fun conversation and of course the boys were running around us doing circles.
Our biggest obstacle to overcome with adoption is going to be Brandon's job. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting to hear if we are going to be transferred. Why does that matter? Well we don't want to start the process of our home study. If we do and get moved to another state we would have to pay for another home study. So I am trying to be patient and wait to find out about if he is getting a promotion/transfer or if we will be in Birmingham longer. I love Birmingham and all my friends we have made here. Our church is great and the boys love their preschool. To get a promotion here would be a big blessing in my mind. But if it is Gods plan for us to move for his advancement then that is what we will do. Who knows I might love the next city even more?
Galatians 6:9
Let us not be weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
This is how I feel about waiting on the transfer phone call.

No comments:
Post a Comment