Thursday, February 7, 2013
Made in China loved in America
John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
We are really doing this!!
We have turned in our application and paid our application fee to Lifeline Children Services. We are utterly blessed to be on this journey, moving in His direction, learning to love who He loves, to give how He would give, to become who He wants us to become. We received a confirmation email from the agency saying they will be in contact with us within 3-5 business days. So pray with us that we are accepted into China's Special Needs program.
The average time frame to adopt a baby with Special Needs from China is 12-18 months. The special needs program includes children with minor correctable needs and children with more serious needs.
In order to control population growth, China implemented a "one-child policy" which has resulted in children being abandoned. China does not allow families to place their children for adoption, so if a family cannot care for a child they have no choice but to abandon the child in a place where the baby will hopefully be found quickly and placed in an orphanage. (from the Lifeline website)
I urge you to research china's one-child policy, china's stigma on females and on children with special needs.
So now I ask you for one more prayer request. Please pray for these mothers that are being forced to give up their children. I will pray everyday for the birth-mother of my little girl. How brave she is to leave her child because she knows it is the only way for her baby to get help. These amazing women are risking breaking the law with carrying these children. And then breaking the law by abandoning them in a public place. But I am so grateful that they are giving these children a chance at life.
John 6:38 I have come down from heaven, not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How wonderful for you and your boys! So darn happy for all of you. How 'bout them Setchels! One of my favorite bloggers wrote about her experience as well, might be of interest.
ReplyDeletehttp://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/
Love you guys! ~Abby