I have to admit that in the face of 143 million orphans, adopting one seems so small. I know what a difference we will make for our daughter but the fact that 142,999,999 lonely children are out there is something that will always bring me to my knees.
Not everyone is called to adopt. Many are called to orphan care through financial or other means. But there are so many couples and individuals out there who say to themselves at some point. "I'd like to adopt," and there are too few who actually follow through.
This happens for many reasons- fear, finances, lack of time, anxiety about what it would do to the other kids or family dynamic etc. And you know what, I am scared about all those things too. But I also have to say: IF God has placed the desire to adopt in your heart follow that calling.
As long as there are orphans in the world there are people whom God is calling to adopt who have not answered If you think you have this calling, you probably do!
I urge you: step out in faith and open yourself up to watch God work. Be someone for a child who has no one and put the awful ache of loneliness to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment