Today we were supposed to go the Zoo but the weather has really bad with lots of really loud thunderstorms. We went to Shamian Island instead and did a little shopping and walking around. The area is colonial European arcitecture and was very beautiful. I didn't find shopping there fun because the shop owners were very over zealous about their merchandise. I did however find Ivy a pretty silk dress and one for her baby doll. We ate lunch at a restaurant that had a little bit of everything on the menu. The walls of the place were covered in pictures of American movie stars.
This is a popular spot for a photo op for newly adopted children. Ivy would have nothing with these statues and I will spare you the horror of the picture we ended up with.
We went to dinner with another family tonight to a noodle house. It was delicious and you could watch them hand making the noodles. Nothing was in English so ordering was an adventure! We hit the jack pot and liked everything we ordered. Ivy and Anna Grace are only a month apart. Anna Grace's family lives in Kentucky and we hope to keep in touch so the girls can be life long friends.
We have to get up early early tomorrow morning for our Consulate Appointment. Pray all the paperwork goes smoothly! If the weather is nice then we will also go to the Zoo tomorrow and on a River Boat Cruise of the Pearl River. We are so close to be headed home. I have been a little homesick the last two days. I just cannot wait to hold all three of my children at once.


No comments:
Post a Comment