Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Passionate Life. Loving generosity. Faithful Obedience. Pure kindness.

Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because he is trying to change your heart.

Somewhere I once read that if something makes your cry, it is because your heart is connected to it.  This concept is a perfect fit for my heart and adoption. I can't seem to talk about it without tearing up.  I receive emails with other families sweet stories a lot.  They help show me the light and remind me the reason our families is doing this.  Here is what has been happening lately with our process:
  • Received our notarized copies of our home study
  • Filled our I-800 with the Department of Homeland Security
  • Have sold 40 pieces of 300 for our puzzle ( Go to this link to read more on how to order your pieces.  Only $5 PUZZLE)
  • Got our check in the mail from the Lemonade stand.  The children at St. Luke's Day School raised $1020!!! Can you believe it?

So now what? 
  • It will take 2-3 months for our I-800 to be cleared.  What is an I-800?
    The petition is filled by the U.S. Citizen prospective adoptive parent to finalize the immigration process of a child who habitually resides in a Convention country. 

  • We are getting our China Dossier ready to ship once we have the I-800 approval.
  • Upcoming Silent Auction in August: We currently have 15 items.  Please contact Heidi if you have something you would like to donate.  Help us make this a great fundraiser.

Thank you to everyone that has been supporting us on this long journey.  You have blessed and inspired us to be a richer faith by your example.


Enjoying Father's Day weekend at the Baron's Game in Birmingham.





No comments:

Post a Comment